Sunday, November 12, 2006

John McCain - Base Licker

John McCain is selling out any support he might have had to gain the support of the radical right for the nomination for 2008. He has recently embraced Jerry Fallwell, the guys who spearheaded the racist push-poll in South Carolina in 2000, caved into the Whitehouse on the torture bill, and has blindly supported the Bush administration's failed war policy. I used to respect this "independent" Republican but there doesn't seem to be much left of the man made famous for his "Straight Talk." I thought he had learned from his moral lapse in the Keating 5 scandal and had acted as one of the few Repubs that didn't engage in shameless "base licking." He seems to feel that in order to get the 2008 nomination that he has to pander to the worst elements of the GOP. He is going to have hard time moving back towards the middle after all the things he has said - he has certainly lost my respect. I wish I had more hands so I could give him 4 thumbs down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home